Realtors Guide To Henrietta NY Real Estate
The following information about the Henrietta NY area and Real Estate market is by top Henrietta, NY Realtors, Kyle Hiscock and the Hiscock Sold Team at RE/MAX Realty Group. If you have any questions on anything to do with Henrietta and Specifically Henrietta Real Estate, please get in touch as we have been selling real estate in the Town for over 30 years. There are very few Realtors in Henrietta that have the track record of being top producing real estate agents, year after year.
Henrietta is a town in Monroe County and located South of the City of Rochester, NY boarder. The western boarder of Henrietta is defined by the Genesee River, to the north is Brighton, NY, to the east are Pittsford and Mendon, and Rush, NY is located to the south.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Henrietta has a total area of 35.6 square miles with 35.4 of the square miles being land. A short section of the Erie Canal runs through Henrietta.
What Should You Expect From The Henrietta, NY Real Estate Market?
The Henrietta, NY real estate market has a nice mix of older and newer built homes. The real estate market also has a nice range of housing prices, ranging from under $100,000 up to $400,000+. The median price for homes in all of Henrietta, NY is around $125,000 with the highest percentage being built prior to 1980. In addition to the affordable single family homes that are located in Henrietta, NY, there is also a nice mix of town homes and condominiums available.
The town is made up of several neighborhoods and subdivisions. The “Fenner” area of town is located in the western part of town (West Henrietta). This area is located just to the south of the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). The Fenner area features home prices that are less than the median for the community. Many homes in the Fenner area are also purchased as investment properties and used as rentals for the college students attending RIT.
The “Martin” area of town is located just south of Interstate 90 (I-90) and to the west of HWY 390. In this area of Henrietta you will find some newer built homes and housing prices that are a bit higher than the median of the entire town. The average home value in the Martin area is around $140,000.
The “Cedar Swamp” / West Henrietta area is more established than the majority of Henrietta. The homes in this area of town were built prior to the 1970’s. The homes also tend to have a higher value in this part of town with the average value being around $145,000. The “Cedar Swamp” area covers to the east of HWY 390 and covers both to the north and south of I-90.
The Henrietta real estate market is very affordable and offers a nice variety of housing types and prices, which make it a top notch real estate community within the Rochester, NY area.
Housing & Population Statistics
As of 2014, Henrietta’s population was 42,597 people. Since 2000, Henrietta has had a increase in population of 9.02 percent. There are 1,205 people per square mile (population density).
The median age for Henrietta is 31.1. 41.39% of people are married and 6.15% are divorced. The average household size is 2.55 people.
Climate For Henrietta, NY
The Town gets around 32.2 inches of rain and 85.6 inches of snowfall per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is around 161 per year. On average, there are 165 sunny days per year with July highs around 82 and January lows around 17.6.
Henrietta’s unemployment rate is 4.50% with recent job growth at -0.16%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 35.20%. The sales tax rate is 8.0% and income tax is 6.45%. Income per capita in Henrietta is $24,345, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $59,625.
Population By Occupation
- Sales, Office, and Administrative Support – 27.87%
- Management, Business, and Finances – 11.53%
- Engineering, Computer, and Science – 10.56%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving – 10.50%
- Education and Library – 7.09%
- Food Preparation and Serving – 6.63%
Henrietta, NY Public Schools
The town of Henrietta, NY schools spend $18,976 per student. There are 12.2 students per teacher, 269 students per librarian, and 358 students per counselor. The Henrietta school district also includes children who reside in the Rush, NY area. The schools in Henrietta, NY include:
- Rush Henrietta High School (Grades 9-12), 1799 Lehigh Station Road, Henrietta, NY 14467
- Charles H Roth Middle School (Grades 6-8), 4000 E. Henrietta Road, Henrietta, NY 14467
- Henry V Burger Middle School (Grades 6-8), 639 Erie Station Road, West Henrietta, NY 14586
- Emma E Sherman Elementary School (Grades K-5), 50 Authors Avenue, Henrietta, NY 14467
- Floyd S Winslow Elementary School (Grades K-5), 755 Pinnacle Road, Pittsford, NY 14534
- Ninth Grade Academy School (Grades 9-10), 2000 E. Henrietta Road, Henrietta, NY 14467
- University of Rochester (About 5 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 7,898
- Saint John Fisher College (About 7 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 3,202
- Nazareth College (About 7 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 2,555
- Monroe Community College (About 3 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 12,159
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) (About 4 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 13,372
- SUNY College at Brockport (About 20 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 6,845
- 2 yr College Graduates – 14.95%
- 4 yr College Graduates – 21.73%
- Graduate Degrees – 12.56%
- High School Graduates – 95.53%
Hospitals/Medical Centers Nearby
- Veteran’s Memorial Park
- Tinker Nature Park
- Martin Road Park
- Hoskins Park
- Andrews Park
- Belmanor Park
- Kenwick Park
- Riverton Parks
- Lookup Park
- Breese Park
Transportation and Commuting Statistics
The town of Henrietta is located roughly 10 minutes from the heart of Downtown Rochester, NY. The closet AMTRAK location is 7 miles away located at 320 Central Park. The Town is primarily served by HWY 390 & Interstate-90 (I-90). Henrietta is located roughly 5-10 minutes from the Greater Rochester NY International Airport.
The average one-way commute takes 16.77 minutes. 77.93% of commuters drive their own car alone, 9.45% carpool with others, and 0.69% take mass transit.
Henrietta, NY Restaurants
There are several great restaurants all around Town. There are many “chain” restaurants located near the Marketplace Mall but also some very nice locally owned restaurants. Here are several top Henrietta NY restaurants to eat.
- The Melting Pot
- Lehigh Restaurant
- Joe’s Crab Shack
- Sticky Lips BBQ Juke Joint
- Delmonico’s Steakhouse
Henrietta New York Realtor – Why It’s Critical To Choose A Top Producer!
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property, condominium, townhouse, or other Henrietta NY Real Estate, allow us to help make the sale a pleasant experience.
When interviewing Henrietta NY Realtors there should be a number of important things you look for in the interview, including the agents past track record of success, statistical data such as list price to sale price ratios, and average days on market. In addition, you should find out what communication and marketing skills they have.
Our number one goal is to put a SOLD sign in your lawn, however, we also want to make sure you feel that the home selling process was seamless and pain free.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss why we are well respected Realtors servicing Henrietta Real Estate owners and how our clients homes are showcased everyone online.
There are no other Realtors in Henrietta NY who are providing the level of online exposure through social media integration or SEO (search engine optimized) results. Your property will be found in all of the places that today’s buyer would be searching for Henrietta Homes for Sale, including this website in addition to many other highly indexed websites.
In addition to the incredible online exposure your home will receive, other things that make us stand out is the use of high quality photographs, detailed property descriptions, virtual tours, RE/MAX International exposure, as well as exposure on 100’s of other websites.
Whether you’re in the market to buy a home in Henrietta, NY or sell your Henrietta, NY home, let us be your guide to the real estate market as Top Henrietta NY real estate agents.
A few of our accomplishments that we are proud of include:
- Nothnagle Platinum Award Recipient
- Consistently in the top 5% of Nothnagle agents for over two decades
- Average over 80 transactions per year (serving all of Greater Rochester, NY, including but not limited to; Irondequoit NY, Webster NY, Penfield NY, Pittsford NY)
- Over $7 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2013
- Over $11 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2014
- Over $9 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2015
- Over $9 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2016
- Members of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors & the National Association of Realtors
- Consistent recipient of Sales Master awards as recognized by the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
We have been selling homes in and around Henrietta New York for over 30 years. Contact us to discuss how we can best serve your Henrietta NY real estate needs!
Other Henrietta Realtor and Real Estate Resources:
- Town of Henrietta Website – The official Town Website
Connect with Kyle’s Henrietta Realtor profile on Google+.
All Henrietta, NY Homes for Sale