Realtors Guide To Pittsford NY Real Estate
The following information about the Pittsford NY area and Real Estate market is by top Pittsford, NY Realtors, Kyle Hiscock and the Hiscock Sold Team at RE/MAX Realty Group.
If you have any questions on anything to do with Pittsford and specifically Pittsford Real Estate, please get in touch as we have been selling real estate in the Town for over 30 years. There are very few Realtors in Pittsford that have the track record of being top producing real estate agents, year after year.
Pittsford is a town in Monroe County and is one of the affluent suburbs of Rochester, NY. Located to the south of Pittsford is Mendon, NY, to the east is Perinton, NY, to the west are the towns of Brighton and Henrietta, and to the north are the towns of Brighton and Penfield.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Henrietta has a total area of 23.4 square miles with 23.2 of the square miles being land.
What Should You Expect From The Pittsford, NY Real Estate Market?
The Pittsford, NY real estate market is a decidedly white-collar community with over 90% of the workforce employed in white-collar positions. The Pittsford real estate market is made up by a nice mix of both newly built homes and also historical homes. The median home price for all of Pittsford, NY is just shy of $250,000, making it one of the most expensive real estate communities in all of Greater Rochester, NY. The Pittsford real estate community is made up of several different neighborhoods and subdivisions, which are explored below.
The first Pittsford, NY neighborhood, the Clover St/Calkins Rd area features some of the most luxurious homes in all of Pittsford. The median home price for this area of Pittsford is over $350,000. The majority of the homes in this area of Pittsford were built prior to 2000. More than 10% of the homes in the Clover St/Calkins Rd area are worth more than $500,000.
The Marsh Rd/Palmyra Rd area of Pittsford is located in the eastern part of town. The median home price in this area is approximately $210,000. Over 50% of the homes in this area of Pittsford were constructed prior to 1950. The Marsh Rd/Palmyra Rd area of Pittsford is one of the most affordable parts of the Town of Pittsford.
While the Village of Pittsford is not large in the aspect of size, you will find some very nice older homes in the Village of Pittsford. The median home price in the Village Center area is almost $250,000. About 50% of the homes in the Village Center area of Pittsford were built prior to 1950. RTE 31 is the main “drag” of the Village of Pittsford and a place to find many great Victorian style homes.
The Pittsford real estate community is one of the most desired areas of Rochester, NY. The Pittsford real estate community is also where you will find many of the best luxury homes in Rochester, NY.
Housing & Population Statistics
As of 2014, Pittsford’s population was 29,405 people. Since 2000, Pittsford has had a decrease in population of 16.94 percent. There are 1,173 people per square mile (population density).
The median age for Pittsford is 41. 70.40% of people are married and 7.33% are divorced. The average household size is 2.65 people.
Climate For Pittsford, NY
The Town gets around 32.2 inches of rain and 85.6 inches of snowfall per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is around 161 per year. On average, there are 166 sunny days per year with July highs around 82 and January lows around 17.6.
Pittsford’s unemployment rate is 3.50% with recent job growth at -0.17%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 36.20%. The sales tax rate is 8.0% and income tax is 6.45%. Income per capita in Pittsford is $42,723, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $109,344.
Population By Occupation
- Management, Business, and Finances – 28.53%
- Sales, Office, and Administrative Support – 16.38%
- Education and Library – 11.30%
- Engineering, Computer, and Science – 10.45%
- Healthcare, Practitioners, and Technology – 9.04%
Pittsford, NY Public Schools
The town of Pittsford, NY schools spend $18,976 per student. There are 13.8 students per teacher, 624 students per librarian, and 336 students per counselor. The schools in Pittsford, NY include:
- Pittsford Sutherland High School (Grades 9-12) – 55 Sutherland Street
- Pittsford Mendon High School (Grades 9-12) – 472 Mendon Road
- Barker Road Middle School (Grades 6-8) – 75 Barker Road
- Calkins Road Middle School (Grades 6-8) – 1899 Calkins Road
- Thornell Road School (Grades K-5) – 431 Thornell Road
- Park Road School (Grades K-5) – 50 Park Road
- University of Rochester (About 5 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 7,898
- Saint John Fisher College (About 2 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 3,202
- Nazareth College (About 1 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 2,555
- Monroe Community College (About 5 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 12,159
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) (About 9 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 13,372
- SUNY College at Brockport (About 24 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 6,845
- 2 yr College Graduates – 5.99%
- 4 yr College Graduates – 37.89%
- Graduate Degrees – 34.71%
- High School Graduates – 97.01%
Hospitals/Medical Centers Nearby
- Cooper Beech Park
- Great Embankment Park
- Habecker Fields
- Hopkins Park
- Issac Gordon Nature Park
- King’s Bend Park
- William Carpenter Park
- Thornell Farm Park
Transportation and Commuting Statistics
The town of Pittsford is located roughly 10 minutes from the heart of Downtown Rochester, NY. The closet AMTRAK location is 7 miles away located at 320 Central Park. The Town is primarily served by HWY 490. Pittsford is located roughly 15-20 minutes from the Greater Rochester NY International Airport.
The average one-way commute takes 15.79 minutes. 80.52% of commuters drive their own car alone, 4.07% carpool with others, and 0.44% take mass transit.
Pittsford, NY Restaurants
There are several great restaurants all around the Town and Village of Pittsford. Here are several top Pittsford NY restaurants to eat.
- Aladdin’s Natural Eatery
- Label 7
- Village Coal Tower Restaurant
- Next Door By Wegmans
- Hicks & McCarthy Restaurant
Pittsford, NY Realtor – Why It’s Critical To Choose A Top Producer!
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property, condominium, townhouse, or other Pittsford NY Real Estate, allow us to help make the sale a pleasant experience.
When interviewing Pittsford NY Realtors there should be a number of important things you look for in the interview, including the agents past track record of success, statistical data such as list price to sale price ratios, and average days on market. In addition, you should find out what communication and marketing skills they have.
Our number one goal is to put a SOLD sign in your lawn, however, we also want to make sure you feel that the home selling process was seamless and pain free.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss why we are well respected Realtors servicing Pittsford Real Estate owners and how our clients homes are showcased everyone online.
There are no other Realtors in Pittsford NY who are providing the level of online exposure through social media integration or SEO (search engine optimized) results. Your property will be found in all of the places that today’s buyer would be searching for Pittsford Homes for Sale, including this website in addition to many other highly indexed websites.
In addition to the incredible online exposure your home will receive, other things that make us stand out is the use of high quality photographs, detailed property descriptions, virtual tours, RE/MAX International exposure, as well as exposure on 100’s of other websites.
Whether you’re in the market to buy a home in Pittsford, NY or sell your Pittsford, NY home, let us be your guide to the real estate market as Top Pittsford NY real estate agents.
A few of our accomplishments that we are proud of include:
- Nothnagle Platinum Award Recipient
- Consistently in the top 5% of Nothnagle agents for over two decades
- Average over 80 transactions per year (serving all of Greater Rochester, NY, including but not limited to; Irondequoit NY, Webster NY, Penfield NY, Henrietta NY)
- Over $7 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2013
- Over $11 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2014
- Over $9 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2015
- Over $9 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2016
- Members of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors & the National Association of Realtors
- Consistent recipient of Sales Master awards as recognized by the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
We have been selling homes in and around Pittsford New York for over 30 years. Contact us to discuss how we can best serve your Pittsford NY real estate needs!
Other Pittsford NY Realtor and Real Estate Resources:
- Town of Pittsford Website – The official Town Website
Connect with Kyle’s Pittsford, NY Realtor profile on Google+.
All Pittsford, NY Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.