Penfield New York Real Estate Report – January 2016
Want to see what has gone on in the Penfield real estate market during the month of January along with year over year comparisons? Here is the Penfield NY real estate market report January 2016 edition.
Penfield NY Real Estate Activity For January 2016 vs. January 2015
In January 2016 there were 19 homes that closed during the month for Penfield NY real estate. This is 2 fewer homes than the 17 homes that sold and closed in January 2015.
- The average sale price for the homes that closed in January 2015 was $245,360.
- The average sale price for the homes that closed in January 2016 was $218,641.
- The average market time (aka Days on Market) for the homes that closed in January 2015 was 58 days.
- The average market time (aka Days on Market) for the homes that closed in January 2016 was 63 days.
- The total amount of volume for the homes that closed in January 2015 was $4,171,113.
- The total amount of volume for the homes that closed in January 2016 was $4,154,172.
Homes Under Contract For January 2016
There were a total of 50 homes in Penfield NY that were under contract or sale pending through January 31st, 2016 (of the 50 total homes, 15 homes went under contract during January 2016). The average market time for these 50 homes was 37 days. The average list price for these homes under contract was $212,903.
Current Penfield, NY Homes For Sale Inventory Levels
There are currently 69 homes on the market in Penfield NY. The average list price is $298,948. The average market time for these homes is 82 days. Homes in Penfield NY are selling in 45-60 days, if priced properly. The market absorption rate, as of February 1st, 2016 was 1.84 in Penfield. This means that if no other homes in Penfield were put on the market, it would take 1.84 months to deplete the remaining homes on the market.
How can both buyers and sellers have an advantage in the Penfield NY real estate market? Employ the services of a local Penfield real estate agent who has vast knowledge and experience of the market.
The above statistics are ONLY single family homes and do not include condominiums or multi-family homes.
Find Penfield NY Homes for Sale
For a complete list of available real estate in Penfield NY, visit Penfield NY Homes for Sale. Make sure to subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss out on any Penfield homes. Contact us to find out what your Penfield NY home is worth and to discuss your housing needs.
Other January 2016 Greater Rochester NY Real Estate Market Reports
- Ontario NY Real Estate Market Report January 2016
- Webster NY Real Estate Market Report January 2016
- Irondequoit NY Real Estate Market Report January 2016
About the authors: The above information regarding the “Penfield NY Real Estate Market Report January 2016” was provided by the Keith Hiscock Sold Team. Keith Hiscock & Kyle Hiscock have over 30 years combined experience. If you’re thinking of selling or buying, we’d love to share our knowledge and expertise.
We service the following Greater Rochester NY areas: Irondequoit, Webster, Penfield, Pittsford, Fairport, Brighton, Greece, Gates, Hilton, Brockport, Mendon, Henrietta, Perinton, Churchville, Scottsville, East Rochester, Rush, Honeoye Falls, Chili, and Victor NY.
Visit our website at www.HiscockHomes.com & our blog at www.RochesterRealEstateBlog.com.
© 2016, Kyle Hiscock. All rights reserved.