Rochester New York Real Estate Report – April 2014
Want to see what has gone on in the City of Rochester real estate market during the month of April along with year over year comparisons? Here is our report of the Rochester NY real estate market.
Rochester NY Real Estate Activity For April 2014 vs. April 2013
In April 2014 there were 74 homes that closed during the month for Rochester NY real estate. This is down from the 87 homes that closed in Rochester NY in April 2013.
- The average sale price for the homes that closed in April 2013 was $83,391.
- The average sale price for the homes that closed in April 2014 was $80,205.
- The average market time (aka Days on Market) for the homes that closed in April 2013 was 52 days.
- The average market time (aka Days on Market) for the homes that closed in April 2014 was 45 days.
- The total amount of volume for the homes that closed in April 2013 was $7,255,000.
- The total amount of volume for the homes that closed in April 2014 was $5,935,158.
Homes Under Contract For April 2014
There were a total of 279 homes in Rochester NY that were under contract or sale pending through April 30th, 2014 (of the 279 total homes, 89 homes went under contract during April 2014). The average market time for these 279 homes was 45 days. The average list price for these homes under contract was $78,695.
Current April Homes For Sale Inventory Levels
There are 459 homes on the market in Rochester NY. The average list price is $78,234. The average market time for these homes is 74 days. Homes in Rochester NY are selling in about 60 days if priced properly. The market absorption rate, as of May 1st, was 4.86 in Rochester. This means that if no other homes in Rochester were put on the market, it would take 4.86 months to deplete the remaining homes on the market.
How can both buyers and sellers have an advantage in the Rochester NY real estate market? Employ the services of a local Rochester real estate agent who has vast knowledge and experience of the market.
The above statistics are ONLY single family homes and do not include condominiums or multi-family homes.
Find Rochester NY Homes for Sale
For a complete list of available real estate in Rochester NY, visit Rochester NY Homes for Sale. Make sure to subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss out on any Rochester homes. Contact us to find out what your Rochester NY home is worth and to discuss your housing needs.
Other April 2014 Greater Rochester NY Market Reports
- Irondequoit NY Real Estate Market Report April 2014
- Webster NY Real Estate Market Report April 2014
- Penfield NY Real Estate Market Report April 2014
- Brighton NY Real Estate Market Report April 2014
- Henrietta NY Real Estate Market Report April 2014
About the authors: The above information was provided by the Keith Hiscock Sold Team (Keith & Kyle Hiscock). With almost 30 years combined experience, if you’re thinking of selling or buying, we’d love to share our knowledge and expertise.
We service the following Greater Rochester NY areas: Irondequoit, Webster, Penfield, Pittsford, Fairport, Brighton, Greece, Gates, Hilton, Brockport, Mendon, Henrietta, Perinton, Churchville, Scottsville, East Rochester, Rush, Honeoye Falls, Chili, and Victor NY.
Visit our website at www.HiscockHomes.com.
© 2014 – 2016, Kyle Hiscock. All rights reserved.