Rochester New York Real Estate Report – July 2014
Want to see what has gone on in the City of Rochester real estate market during the month of July along with year over year comparisons? Here is our report of the Rochester NY real estate market.
Rochester NY Real Estate Activity For July 2014 vs. July 2013
In July 2014 there were 89 homes that closed during the month for Rochester NY real estate. This is 30 less than the 119 homes that closed in July 2013.
- The average sale price for the homes that closed in July 2013 was $99,841.
- The average sale price for the homes that closed in July 2014 was $87,849.
- The average market time (aka Days on Market) for the homes that closed in July 2013 was 31 days.
- The average market time (aka Days on Market) for the homes that closed in July 2014 was 37 days.
- The total amount of volume for the homes that closed in July 2013 was $11,881,060.
- The total amount of volume for the homes that closed in July 2014 was $7,818,579.
Homes Under Contract For July 2014
There were a total of 283 homes in Rochester NY that were under contract or sale pending through August 1st, 2014 (of the 283 total homes, 81 homes went under contract during July 2014). The average market time for these 283 homes was 40 days. The average list price for these homes under contract was $77,755.
Current July Homes For Sale Inventory Levels
There are currently 530 homes on the market in Rochester NY. The average list price is $77,201. The average market time for these homes is 78 days. Homes in Rochester NY are selling in about 30 days if priced properly. The market absorption rate, as of August 1st, was 5.57 in Rochester. This means that if no other homes in Rochester were put on the market, it would take 5.57 months to deplete the remaining homes on the market.
How can both buyers and sellers have an advantage in the Rochester NY real estate market? Employ the services of a local Rochester real estate agent who has vast knowledge and experience of the market.
The above statistics are ONLY single family homes and do not include condominiums or multi-family homes.
Find Rochester NY Homes for Sale
For a complete list of available real estate in Rochester NY, visit Rochester NY Homes for Sale. Make sure to subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss out on any Rochester homes. Contact us to find out what your Rochester NY home is worth and to discuss your housing needs.
Other July 2014 Greater Rochester NY Market Reports
- Henrietta NY Real Estate Market Report July 2014
- Brighton NY Real Estate Market Report July 2014
- Penfield NY Real Estate Market Report July 2014
- Webster NY Real Estate Market Report July 2014
- Irondequoit NY Real Estate Market Report July 2014
About the authors: The above information regarding the “Rochester NY Real Estate Market Report July 2014” was provided by the Keith Hiscock Sold Team. Keith Hiscock & Kyle Hiscock have over 30 years combined experience. If you’re thinking of selling or buying, we’d love to share our knowledge and expertise.
We service the following Greater Rochester NY areas: Irondequoit, Webster, Penfield, Pittsford, Fairport, Brighton, Greece, Gates, Hilton, Brockport, Mendon, Henrietta, Perinton, Churchville, Scottsville, East Rochester, Rush, Honeoye Falls, Chili, and Victor NY.
Visit our website at www.HiscockHomes.com.
© 2014 – 2016, Kyle Hiscock. All rights reserved.