Realtors Guide To Irondequoit NY Real Estate
Learn all there is to know about the Real Estate market by top Irondequoit, NY Realtors, Keith Hiscock & Kyle Hiscock of Nothnagle Realtors. If you have any questions on anything to do with Irondequoit and Specifically Irondequoit Real Estate, please get in touch as we have been selling real estate in the Town for over 30 years. There are very few Realtors in Irondequoit that have the track record of being top producing real estate agents, year after year.
Irondequoit is a town in Monroe County, NY, lying just north and east of the City of Rochester, NY. Irondequoit is a major suburb of Rochester, NY.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Irondequoit has a total area of 16.8 square miles and is bounded by water on three sides, the north, east, and west. To the south, Irondequoit is bordered by the City of Rochester.
What’s The Irondequoit Real Estate Market Like?
Housing in Irondequoit mainly consists of single family homes situated on lots of less than .20 acres. There are parts of Irondequoit that have some new housing tracts, but the majority of the homes were built prior to 1950. There are several waterfront properties in Irondequoit including Lake Ontario waterfront properties, also known as the Gold Coast, as well as Irondequoit Bay waterfront properties.
What you will notice while looking at Irondequoit homes is the range of prices will be quite large. You can find homes for sale under $70,000 and also can find homes for sale over $500,000. The majority of the homes in Irondequoit fall between the $100,000 and $200,000 price range.
The Irondequoit real estate market is a fast moving market. It has one of the highest number of transactions, year over year. This is mainly due to the affordability of the homes located in Irondequoit. The real estate prices in Irondequoit have stayed fairly consistent over the past several years. Irondequoit is always a strong place to be buying or selling real estate due to the high number of transactions in the Town.
In you’re in the market to buy real estate in Irondequoit NY, you will find many residential options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for single-family homes, town homes, short sales, luxury homes, or estates, there’s a good chance you will find it in Irondequoit. We are top Irondequoit NY real estate agents that can help you find exactly the type of property you are looking for.
Housing & Population Statistics
As of 2014, Irondequoit’s population was 51,610 people. Since 2000, Irondequoit has had a decrease in population of 1.3 percent. There are 3447.4 people per square mile (population density).
The median age for Irondequoit is 43.0. 50.30% of people are married and 10.00% are divorced. The average household size is 2.32 people and the average family size is 2.91 people.
Climate For Irondequoit NY
The Town gets around 32 inches of rain and 85.6 inches of snowfall per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is around 161 per year. On average, there are 168 sunny days per year with July highs around 82 and January lows around 17.6.
Irondequoit’s unemployment rate is 5.40% with recent job growth at -0.17%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 34.30%. The sales tax rate is 8.0% and income tax is 6.45%. Income per capita in Irondequoit is $28,524, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $53,396.
Population By Occupation
- Sales, Office, and Administrative Support – 7.69%
- Management, Business, and Finances – 13.73%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving – 10.17%
- Education and Library – 8.06%
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technology – 7.71%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance – 6.17%
East Irondequoit Central School District
East Irondequoit CSD has roughly 3,100 students, and the student-to-teacher ratio is 13:1. The district is made up of 6 schools.
- Helendale Road Primary School (K-2): 220 Helendale Road, Rochester, NY 14609
- Ivan L Green Primary School (K-2): 800 Brown Road, Rochester, NY 14622
- Laurelton-Pardee Intermediate School (3-5): 600 Pardee Road, Rochester, NY 14609
- Durand-Eastman Intermediate School (3-5): 95 Point Pleasant Road, Rochester, NY 14622
- East Irondequoit Middle School (6-8): 155 Densmore Road, Rochester, NY 14609
- Eastridge Senior High School (9-12): 2350 East Ridge Road, Rochester, NY 14622
West Irondequoit Central School District
West Irondequoit CSD has roughly 3,700 students. The district is made up of 10 schools.
- Southlawn School (K-3): 455 Rawlinson Road, Rochester, NY 14617
- Briarwood School (K-3): 215 Briarwood Road, Rochester, NY 14617
- Brookview School (K-3): 300 Brookview Drive, Rochester, NY 14617
- Colebrook School (K-3): 210 Colebrook Road, Rochester, NY 14617
- Seneca School (K-3): 4143 St. Paul Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14617
- Listwood School (K-3): 325 List Avenue, Rochester, NY 14617
- Rogers Middle School (4-6): 219 Northfield Road, Rochester, NY 14617
- Iroquois Middle School (4-6): 150 Colebrook Road, Rochester, NY 14617
- Dake Junior High School (7-8): 350 Cooper Road, Rochester, NY 14617
- Irondequoit High School (9-12): 260 Cooper Road, Rochester, NY 14617
- University of Rochester (About 7 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 7,898
- Saint John Fisher College (About 7 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 3,202
- Nazareth College (About 8 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 2,555
- Monroe Community College (About 8 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 12,159
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) (About 10 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 13,372
- SUNY College at Brockport (About 20 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 6,845
- 2 yr College Graduates – 12.45%
- 4 yr College Graduates – 18.72
- Graduate Degrees – 13.8%
- High School Graduates – 73.78%
Hospitals/Medical Centers Nearby
- Joshua Park
Heyer-Bayer Memorial Park
Birch Hills Park
Transportation and Commuting Statistics
Irondequoit is located roughly 15 minutes from the heart of Downtown Rochester, NY. The closet AMTRAK location is 4 miles away located at 320 Central Park. The Town is served by HWY 590 as well as RTE 104. Irondequoit is located roughly 15-20 minutes from the Greater Rochester NY International Airport.
The average one-way commute takes 20.05 minutes. 86.97% of commuters drive their own car alone, 7.10% carpool with others, and 1.36% take mass transit.
Irondequoit, NY Restaurants
Irondequoit has several great restaurants all over Town. You can find “burger joints” down in the Seabreeze area or fine dining Italian restaurants along Ridge Road East. Below are several top Irondequoit NY restaurants to eat.
- Bill Gray’s
- Cooper Deli
- Guido’s Pasta Villa
- Parkside Diner
- Eastridge Family Diner
- Gigi’s Italian Kitchen
- Battatini’s Catering
Irondequoit New York Realtor – Why Choose A Top Producer?
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property, condominium, or other Irondequoit NY Real Estate, allow us to help make the sale a pleasant experience.
When interviewing Irondequoit NY Realtors there should be a number of important things you look for in the interview, including the agents past track record of success, statistical data such as list price to sale price ratios, and average days on market. In addition, you should find out what communication and marketing skills they have. Our number one goal is to put a SOLD sign in your lawn, however, we also want to make sure you feel that the home selling process was seamless and pain free.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss why we are well respected Realtors servicing Irondequoit Real Estate owners and how our clients homes are showcased everyone online.
There are no other Realtors in Irondequoit NY who are providing the level of online exposure through social media integration or SEO (search engine optimized) results. Your property will be found in all of the places that today’s buyer would be searching for Irondequoit Homes for Sale, including this website in addition to many other highly indexed websites.
In addition to the incredible online exposure your home will receive, other things that make us stand out is the use of high quality photographs, detailed property descriptions, virtual tours, Nothnagle.com exposure as well as 100’s of other websites.
Whether you’re in the market to buy a home in Irondequoit, NY or sell your Irondequoit, NY home, let us be your guide to the real estate market as Top Irondequoit NY real estate agents.
A few of our accomplishments that we are proud of include:
- Nothnagle Platinum Award Recipient
- Consistently in the top 5% of Nothnagle agents
- Average over 80 transactions per year (serving all of Greater Rochester, NY, including but not limited to; Webster NY, Penfield NY, Pittsford NY)
- Over $7 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2013
- Over $11 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2014
- Members of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors & the National Association of Realtors
- Consistent recipient of Sales Master awards as recognized by the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
We have been selling homes in and around Irondequoit New York for over 30 years. Contact us to discuss how we can best serve your Irondequoit NY real estate needs!
Other Irondequoit Realtor and Real Estate Resources:
- Town of Irondequoit Website – The official Town of Irondequoit NY Website
Connect with Kyle’s Irondequoit Realtor profile on Google+.
All Irondequoit, NY Homes for Sale