Realtors Guide To Brighton NY Real Estate
The following information about the Brighton NY area and Real Estate market is by top Brighton, NY Realtors, Kyle Hiscock and the Hiscock Sold Team at RE/MAX Realty Group.
If you have any questions on anything to do with Brighton and Specifically Brighton Real Estate, please get in touch as we have been selling real estate in the Town for over 30 years. There are very few Realtors in Brighton that have the track record of being top producing real estate agents, year after year.
Brighton is a town in Monroe County and located just to the South of the City of Rochester, NY boarder. To the east you will find the Town of Penfield, NY & Pittsford, NY and to the south is the Town of Henrietta, NY.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Brighton has a total area of 15.6 square miles. The town’s central entertainment and commercial hub is located at the “Twelve Corners.”
What’s The Brighton Real Estate Market Like?
The Brighton real estate market is a well established market. There isn’t much new construction going on in Brighton but the Town certainly is one of the top real estate communities in the Rochester, NY area. There are many different neighborhoods to choose from in Brighton, even though the Town isn’t that large in respects to square mileage. While there are a handful of homes worth $500,000+, the majority of homes in the Town of Brighton range between $150,000-$200,000.
The “Twelve Corners” are is located to the west of RTE 31, also known as Monroe Avenue, North of Elmwood Avenue, and South of Highland Avenue. In this part of Town you can find many homes that were built prior to 1940 but the majority of homes were built between the 40’s and the 1970’s. The median price for homes in this part of Brighton is around $170,000.
Another part of Brighton is the Lac De Ville Blvd/Elmwood Ave area. This part of Town is located South of Elmwood Avenue, North of Westfall Road, West of RTE 31, and East of Clinton Avenue (near McQuaid Jesuit High School). In this part of Brighton you will find newer homes than the “Twelve Corner” area. The majority of homes were built after 1970. The median housing price is also a bit higher in this part of Brighton, coming in at around $200,000.
The Town of Brighton real estate market is one that is in high demand, year after year. There are generally low inventories in Brighton which means that houses normally do not stay available when they are listed. The Brighton market absorption rate normally ranges between 1.5-3.5 months of inventory, which is considerably less than the average market absorption rate in Rochester, NY.
Housing & Population Statistics
As of 2014, Brighton’s population was 36,568 people. Since 2000, Brighton has had a increase in population of 3.15 percent. There are 2,372 people per square mile (population density).
The median age for Brighton is 39.3. 48.32% of people are married and 7.52% are divorced. The average household size is 2.2 people.
Climate For Brighton NY
The Town gets around 32.2 inches of rain and 85.6 inches of snowfall per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is around 161 per year. On average, there are 167 sunny days per year with July highs around 82 and January lows around 17.6.
Brighton’s unemployment rate is 3.20% with recent job growth at -0.17%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 36.50%. The sales tax rate is 8.0% and income tax is 6.45%. Income per capita in Brighton is $39,602, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $65,678.
Population By Occupation
- Management, Business, and Finances – 18.21%
- Sales, Office, and Administrative Support – 17.28%
- Engineering, Computer, and Science – 12.91%
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technology – 12.73%
- Education and Library – 12.39%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving – 4.60%
- Personal Care – 3.99%
Brighton, NY Public Schools
The town of Brighton, NY schools spend $18,976 per student. There are 13.6 students per teacher, 468 students per librarian, and 383 students per counselor. The school district has a very strong reputation in the Greater Rochester, NY area, in fact, the school district has won numerous awards and received many accolades for being ranked in the top public schools in the United States. The schools in Brighton, NY include:
- Brighton High School (Grades 9-12), 1150 Winton Road South, Rochester, NY 14618
- Twelve Corners Middle School (Grades 6-8), 2643 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618
- French Road Elementary School (Grades 3-5), 488 French Road, Rochester, NY 14618
- Council Rock Primary School (Grades K-2), 600 Grosvenor Road, Rochester, NY 14610
- University of Rochester (About 4 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 7,898
- Saint John Fisher College (About 3 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 3,202
- Nazareth College (About 3 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 2,555
- Monroe Community College (About 3 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 12,159
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) (About 6 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 13,372
- SUNY College at Brockport (About 21 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 6,845
- 2 yr College Graduates – 8.72%
- 4 yr College Graduates – 28.92%
- Graduate Degrees – 32.78%
- High School Graduates – 96.17%
Hospitals/Medical Centers Nearby
- Brighton Town Park
- Buckland Park
- Corbett’s Glen Nature Park
- Lehigh Valley Trail
- Meridian Centre Park
- Persimmon Park
Transportation and Commuting Statistics
The town is located roughly 5 minutes from the heart of Downtown Rochester, NY. The closet AMTRAK location is 4 miles away located at 320 Central Park. The Town is primarily served by HWY 490 & HWY 590. Brighton is located roughly 10 minutes from the Greater Rochester NY International Airport.
The average one-way commute takes 19.46 minutes. 87.95% of commuters drive their own car alone, 5.95% carpool with others, and 0.12% take mass transit.
Brighton, NY Restaurants
There are several great restaurants all around Town. Here are several top Brighton NY restaurants to eat.
- Grinnell’s Restaurant
- Avvino Restaurant
- Max Chophouse
- Charbroil Family Restaurant
Brighton New York Realtor – Why Choose A Top Producer?
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property, condominium, townhouse, or other Brighton NY Real Estate, allow us to help make the sale a pleasant experience.
When interviewing Brighton NY Realtors there should be a number of important things you look for in the interview, including the agents past track record of success, statistical data such as list price to sale price ratios, and average days on market. In addition, you should find out what communication and marketing skills they have.
Our number one goal is to put a SOLD sign in your lawn, however, we also want to make sure you feel that the home selling process was seamless and pain free.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss why we are well respected Realtors servicing Brighton Real Estate owners and how our clients homes are showcased everyone online.
There are no other Realtors in Brighton NY who are providing the level of online exposure through social media integration or SEO (search engine optimized) results. Your property will be found in all of the places that today’s buyer would be searching for Brighton Homes for Sale, including this website in addition to many other highly indexed websites.
In addition to the incredible online exposure your home will receive, other things that make us stand out is the use of high quality photographs, detailed property descriptions, virtual tours, RE/MAX International exposure, as well as exposure on 100’s of other websites.
Whether you’re in the market to buy a home in Brighton, NY or sell your Brighton, NY home, let us be your guide to the real estate market as Top Brighton NY real estate agents.
A few of our accomplishments that we are proud of include:
- Nothnagle Platinum Award Recipient
- Consistently in the top 5% of Nothnagle agents for over two decades
- Average over 80 transactions per year (serving all of Greater Rochester, NY, including but not limited to; Irondequoit NY, Webster NY, Penfield NY, Pittsford NY)
- Over $7 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2013
- Over $11 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2014
- Over $9 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2015
- Over $9 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2016
- Members of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors & the National Association of Realtors
- Consistent recipient of Sales Master awards as recognized by the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
We have been selling homes in and around Brighton New York for over 30 years. Contact us to discuss how we can best serve your Brighton NY real estate needs!
Other Brighton Realtor and Real Estate Resources:
- Town of Brighton Website – The official Town of Brighton NY Website
Connect with Kyle’s Brighton Realtor profile on Google+.
All Brighton, NY Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.