Realtors Guide To Penfield NY Real Estate
The following information about the Penfield NY area and Real Estate market is by top Penfield, NY Realtors, Keith Hiscock & Kyle Hiscock of Nothnagle Realtors. If you have any questions on anything to do with Penfield and Specifically Penfield Real Estate, please get in touch as we have been selling real estate in the Town for over 30 years. There are very few Realtors in Penfield that have the track record of being top producing real estate agents, year after year.
Penfield is a town in Monroe County and is surrounded by towns on all four sides. To the North is Webster, NY, to the east is Walworth, NY, to the south is Fairport, NY, and to the west is Brighton, NY.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Penfield has a total area of 37.9 square miles. The town is compiled of a number of parks and a variety of terrain including water, open spaces, athletic facilities, and lodges & shelters.
The Town’s motto is “A Town of Planned Progress.”
What’s The Penfield NY Real Estate Market Like?
The Town of Penfield is another classic example of the Greater Rochester, NY real estate market. There truly is something for everyone. The prices of homes range from under $100,000 up to $500,000+. The majority of homes in the Penfield NY real estate community were built prior to the year 2000 and the majority of homes range between $150,000-$200,000.
The Town has many different neighborhoods to choose from. The Penfield Center/East Penfield neighborhood is primarily made up of houses that were built between the 1980’s-1990’s. The median housing price in this area is around $190,000.
Another popular part of town is the Atlantic Avenue/Five Mile Line Road area. The average age for the homes in this area is also about 20-30 years old. The median price in this specific part of Penfield is around $170,000. If you’re an avid golfer, this part of town is home to a couple very nice golf courses, the Penfield Country Club as well as Shadow Lake Golf Club.
Another part of Town is the “Town Center” area. This area is located in the southern part of Penfield, NY. In this part of town you will find some more established homes, many being built between the 1940’s-1960’s. The home prices are also lower than some of the other areas of town if you’re looking for affordability. The median home price in this part of town is about $155,000. The local High School is also located in this part of Town.
Overall, the Town is a very popular bedroom community of Greater Rochester, NY. The combination of a great school system and affordable housing, Penfield is a highly desired real estate community in Rochester, NY. The homes in town have experienced a nice appreciation in value over the past ten years of over 10%, making any home purchase a nice, stable investment in Penfield NY real estate market.
Housing & Population Statistics
As of 2014, Penfield’s population was 36,330 people. Since 2000, Penfield has had a increase in population of 5.09 percent. There are 976 people per square mile (population density).
The median age for Penfield is 43.6. 58.71% of people are married and 8.49% are divorced. The average household size is 2.51 people.
Climate For Penfield NY
The Town gets around 31.6 inches of rain and 47.4 inches of snowfall per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is around 123 per year. On average, there are 165 sunny days per year with July highs around 82 and January lows around 17.6.
Penfield’s unemployment rate is 3.90% with recent job growth at -0.17%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 35.80%. The sales tax rate is 8.0% and income tax is 6.45%. Income per capita in Penfield is $35,526, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $74,224.
Population By Occupation
- Sales, Office, and Administrative Support – 23.95%
- Management, Business, and Finances – 19.23%
- Engineering, Computer, and Science – 10.82%
- Education and Library – 9.80%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving – 7.22%
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technology – 6.13%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance – 4.69%
Penfield, NY Public Schools
The town of Penfield, NY schools spend $18,976 per student. There are 12.2 students per teacher, 434 students per librarian, and 228 students per counselor. The school district has a very strong reputation in the Greater Rochester, NY area. The schools in Penfield, NY include:
- Penfield Senior High School (Grades 9-12), 25 High School Drive, Penfield, NY 14526
- Bay Trail Middle School (Grades 6-8), 1760 Scribner Road, Penfield, NY 14526
- Cobbles Elementary School (Grades K-5), 140 Gebhardt Road, Penfield, NY 14526
- Harris Hill Elementary School (Grades K-5), 2126 Penfield Road, Penfield, NY 14526
- Scribner Road Elementary School (Grades K-5), 1750 Scribner Road, Penfield, NY 14526
- Penfield Village Nursery & Kindergarten School (Grades PK-K), 1862 Penfield Road, Penfield, NY 14526
- University of Rochester (About 9 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 7,898
- Saint John Fisher College (About 4 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 3,202
- Nazareth College (About 5 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 2,555
- Monroe Community College (About 9 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 12,159
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) (About 12 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 13,372
- SUNY College at Brockport (About 25 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 6,845
- 2 yr College Graduates – 11.13%
- 4 yr College Graduates – 25.55%
- Graduate Degrees – 22.13%
- High School Graduates – 96.02%
Hospitals/Medical Centers Nearby
- Abraham Lincoln Park
- Channing H Philbrick Park
- Ellison Park
- Greenwood Park
- Harris Whalen Park
- Heritage Park
- LaSalles Landing Park
- Lucien Morin Park
- Rothfuss Park
- Schaufelberger Park
- Sherwood Fields Park
- Veterans Memorial Park
Transportation and Commuting Statistics
The town is located roughly 15 minutes from the heart of Downtown Rochester, NY. The closet AMTRAK location is 8 miles away located at 320 Central Park. The Town is primarily served by HWY 490 & HWY 590. Penfield is located roughly 20 minutes from the Greater Rochester NY International Airport.
The average one-way commute takes 19.46 minutes. 87.95% of commuters drive their own car alone, 5.95% carpool with others, and 0.12% take mass transit.
Penfield, NY Restaurants
There are several great restaurants all around Town. Here are several top Penfield NY restaurants to eat.
- Michael’s Valley Grill
- Penfield Pour House
- Joey’s Pasta House
- The Humphrey House
- T-Bones Steakhouse
- Angus House & Lounge
Penfield NY Real Estate – Why Choose A Top Producing Penfield NY Realtor?
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property, condominium, townhouse, or other Penfield NY Real Estate, allow us to help make the sale a pleasant experience.
When interviewing Penfield NY Realtors there should be a number of important things you look for in the interview, including the agents past track record of success, statistical data such as list price to sale price ratios, and average days on market. In addition, you should find out what communication and marketing skills they have.
Our number one goal is to put a SOLD sign in your lawn, however, we also want to make sure you feel that the home selling process was seamless and pain free.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss why we are well respected Realtors servicing Penfield Real Estate owners and how our clients homes are showcased everyone online.
There are no other Realtors in Penfield NY who are providing the level of online exposure through social media integration or SEO (search engine optimized) results. Your property will be found in all of the places that today’s buyer would be searching for Penfield Homes for Sale, including this website in addition to many other highly indexed websites.
In addition to the incredible online exposure your home will receive, other things that make us stand out is the use of high quality photographs, detailed property descriptions, virtual tours, Nothnagle.com exposure, as well as exposure on 100’s of other websites.
Whether you’re in the market to buy a home in Penfield, NY or sell your Penfield, NY home, let us be your guide to the real estate market as Top Penfield NY real estate agents.
A few of our accomplishments that we are proud of include:
- Nothnagle Platinum Award Recipient
- Consistently in the top 5% of Nothnagle agents
- Average over 80 transactions per year (serving all of Greater Rochester, NY, including but not limited to; Irondequoit NY, Webster NY, Pittsford NY)
- Over $7 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2013
- Over $11 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2014
- Members of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors & the National Association of Realtors
- Consistent recipient of Sales Master awards as recognized by the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
We have been selling homes in and around Penfield New York for over 30 years. Contact us to discuss how we can best serve your Penfield NY real estate needs!
Other Penfield Realtor and Real Estate Resources:
- Town of Penfield Website – The official Town of Penfield NY Website
Connect with Kyle’s Penfield Realtor profile on Google+.
All Penfield, NY Homes for Sale