Realtors Guide To Webster NY Real Estate
The following information about the Webster NY area and Real Estate market is by top Webster, NY Realtors, Keith Hiscock & Kyle Hiscock of Nothnagle Realtors. If you have any questions on anything to do with Webster and Specifically Webster Real Estate, please get in touch as we have been selling real estate in the Town for over 30 years. There are very few Realtors in Webster that have the track record of being top producing real estate agents, year after year.
Webster is a town in Monroe County, NY, lying just north and east of the City of Rochester, NY.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Webster has a total area of 35.5 square miles and is bordered by Lake Ontario to the North (550 Acres of Lakefront), Wayne County to the east, Irondequoit Bay to the West, and the Town of Penfield to the South.
The Town’s motto is “Where Life is Worth Living.” The Town of Webster also contains a Village.
What’s The Webster Real Estate Market Like?
The real estate in Webster has a nice range of prices. There are older homes located in the Village of Webster for under $100,000 to million dollar homes along Lake Ontario located on Lake Road. In addition to the single-family homes, you will also find many town homes, 55+ communities, and new housing tracts.
The Glen Edith area of Webster is located in the West part of Town, along the Irondequoit Bay. The median price of homes located in the Glen Edith area is about $145,000. This part of Town is primarily made up of single family homes.
The Forest Lawn area of Town is located in the northern part of Webster. Beginning just north of RTE 104 and running all the way to the shores of Lake Ontario, the median value of homes located in this part of Webster is about $180,000. The area is made up of single-family homes as well as town homes which were built between 1970 and 2000.
Another portion located in the northern part of the Town of Webster is the Lake Road/Webster Road area. This area is located north of RTE 104 as well running all the way north to the Lake Ontario shoreline. The median price of homes in this area is about $215,000.
The Town’s real estate market is consistently growing, due to new construction that is being built. The Webster real estate market continues to be strong as it is a great town to raise a family due to quality schools and athletic programs.
Housing & Population Statistics
As of 2014, Webster’s population was 42,641 people. Since 2000, Webster has had a increase in population of 13.01 percent. There are 1,114.2 people per square mile (population density).
The median age for Webster is 37.5. 45.25% of people are married and 11.50% are divorced. The average household size is 2.19 people.
Climate For Webster NY
The Town gets around 31.6 inches of rain and 47.4 inches of snowfall per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is around 123 per year. On average, there are 166 sunny days per year with July highs around 82 and January lows around 17.6.
Webster’s unemployment rate is 4.10% with recent job growth at -0.17%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 35.60%. The sales tax rate is 8.0% and income tax is 6.45%. Income per capita in Webster is $21,759, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $35,717.
Population By Occupation
- Sales, Office, and Administrative Support – 29.79%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance – 9.82%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving – 9.82%
- Management, Business, and Finances – 9.36%
- Building Maintenance – 6.88%
- Healthcare Support – 6.55%
Webster, NY Public Schools
The town of Webster, NY schools spend $18,976 per student. There are 13.8 students per teacher, 589 students per librarian, and 463 students per counselor. The Webster school district has a very strong reputation in the Greater Rochester, NY area. The schools in Webster, NY include:
- Webster Schroeder High School (Grades 9-12), 875 Ridge Road, Webster, NY 14580
- Webster Thomas High School (Grades 9-12), 800 Five Mile Road, Webster, NY 14580
- Spry Middle School (Grades 5-8), 119 South Avenue, Webster, NY 14580
- Willink Middle School (Grades 6-8), 900 Publishers Pkwy, Webster, NY 14580
- Klem Road South Elementary School (Grades K-5), 1025 Klem Road, Webster, NY 14580
- Klem Road North Elementary School (Grades K-5), 1015 Klem Road, Webster, NY 14580
- Plank Road North Elementary School (Grades K-5), 705 Plank Road, Webster, NY 14580
- State Road Elementary School (Grades K-5), 1401 State Road, Webster, NY 14580
- Dewitt Road Elementary School (Grades K-5), 722 Dewitt Road, Webster, NY 14580
- Schlegel Road Elementary School (Grades K-5), 1548 Schlegel Road, Webster, NY 14580
- University of Rochester (About 12 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 7,898
- Saint John Fisher College (About 8 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 3,202
- Nazareth College (About 10 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 2,555
- Monroe Community College (About 13 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 12,159
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) (About 16 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 13,372
- SUNY College at Brockport (About 27 miles away) – Full-time enrollment: 6,845
- 2 yr College Graduates – 9.92%
- 4 yr College Graduates – 20.23
- Graduate Degrees – 11.43%
- High School Graduates – 95.12%
Hospitals/Medical Centers Nearby
- D’Amico Park
- Empire Park
- Finn Park
- Kent Park
- North Ponds Park
- Ridge Park
- Ridgecrest Park
- Sandbar Park
- Skate Park
- Spray Park First Responders
- Spray Park Ridgecrest
Transportation and Commuting Statistics
Webster is located roughly 20 minutes from the heart of Downtown Rochester, NY. The closet AMTRAK location is 10 miles away located at 320 Central Park. The Town is primarily served by RTE 104. Webster is located roughly 25 minutes from the Greater Rochester NY International Airport.
The average one-way commute takes 18.73 minutes. 78.45% of commuters drive their own car alone, 12.44% carpool with others, and 4.06% take mass transit.
Webster, NY Restaurants
There are several great restaurants all around Town. You can find small cafes located in the heart of the Village, National Chain Restaurants, or fine dining cuisine. Below are several top Webster NY restaurants to eat.
- Monte Alban
- Prime Steakhouse
- Panera Bread
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
- Proietti’s Italian Restaurant & Catering
- Coach Sports Bar
- SOGO Japanese Steakhouse
- T’s Family Restuarant
Webster New York Realtor – Why Choose A Top Producer?
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property, condominium, or other Webster NY Real Estate, allow us to help make the sale a pleasant experience.
When interviewing Webster NY Realtors there should be a number of important things you look for in the interview, including the agents past track record of success, statistical data such as list price to sale price ratios, and average days on market. In addition, you should find out what communication and marketing skills they have.
Our number one goal is to put a SOLD sign in your lawn, however, we also want to make sure you feel that the home selling process was seamless and pain free.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss why we are well respected Realtors servicing Webster Real Estate owners and how our clients homes are showcased everyone online.
There are no other Realtors in Webster NY who are providing the level of online exposure through social media integration or SEO (search engine optimized) results. Your property will be found in all of the places that today’s buyer would be searching for Webster Homes for Sale, including this website in addition to many other highly indexed websites.
In addition to the incredible online exposure your home will receive, other things that make us stand out is the use of high quality photographs, detailed property descriptions, virtual tours, Nothnagle.com exposure as well as 100’s of other websites.
Whether you’re in the market to buy a home in Webster, NY or sell your Webster, NY home, let us be your guide to the real estate market as Top Webster NY real estate agents.
A few of our accomplishments that we are proud of include:
- Nothnagle Platinum Award Recipient
- Consistently in the top 5% of Nothnagle agents
- Average over 80 transactions per year (serving all of Greater Rochester, NY, including but not limited to; Irondequoit NY, Penfield NY, Pittsford NY)
- Over $7 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2013
- Over $11 Million Dollars in Closed Real Estate Volume in 2014
- Members of the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors & the National Association of Realtors
- Consistent recipient of Sales Master awards as recognized by the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
We have been selling homes in and around Webster New York for over 30 years. Contact us to discuss how we can best serve your Webster NY real estate needs!
Other Webster Realtor and Real Estate Resources:
- Town of Webster Website – The official Town of Webster NY Website
Connect with Kyle’s Webster Realtor profile on Google+.
All Webster, NY Homes for Sale