Rochester New York Real Estate Report – February 2016
Want to see what has gone on in the Rochester real estate market during the month of February along with year over year comparisons? Here is the Rochester NY real estate market report February 2016 edition.
Rochester NY Real Estate Activity For February 2016 vs. February 2015
In February 2016 there were 53 homes that closed during the month for Rochester NY real estate. This is 32 fewer homes than the 85 homes that closed in February 2015.
- The average sale price for the homes that closed in February 2015 was $65,744.
- The average sale price for the homes that closed in February 2016 was $69,598.
- The average market time (aka Days on Market) for the homes that closed in February 2015 was 67 days.
- The average market time (aka Days on Market) for the homes that closed in February 2016 was 45 days.
- The total amount of volume for the homes that closed in February 2015 was $5,588,241.
- The total amount of volume for the homes that closed in February 2016 was $3,688,696.
Homes Under Contract For February 2016
There were a total of 302 homes in Rochester NY that were under contract or sale pending through February 29th, 2016 (of the 302 total homes, 88 homes went under contract during February 2016). The average market time for these 302 homes was 49 days. The average list price for these homes under contract was $68,221.
Current Rochester, NY Homes For Sale Inventory Levels
There are currently 408 homes on the market in Rochester NY. The average list price is $71,944. The average market time for these homes is 83 days. Homes in Rochester NY are selling in about 30-45 days, if priced properly. The market absorption rate, as of March 1st, 2016 was 4.11 in Rochester. This means that if no other homes in Rochester were put on the market, it would take 4.11 months to deplete the remaining homes on the market.
How can both buyers and sellers have an advantage in the Rochester NY real estate market? Employ the services of a local Rochester real estate agent who has vast knowledge and experience of the market.
The above statistics are ONLY single family homes and do not include condominiums or multi-family homes.
Find Rochester NY Homes for Sale
For a complete list of available real estate in Rochester NY, visit Rochester NY Homes for Sale. Make sure to subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss out on any Rochester homes. Contact us to find out what your Rochester NY home is worth and to discuss your housing needs.
Other February 2016 Greater Rochester NY Real Estate Market Reports
- Henrietta NY Real Estate Market Report February 2016
- Brighton NY Real Estate Market Report February 2016
- Penfield NY Real Estate Market Report February 2016
- Webster NY Real Estate Market Report February 2016
- Irondequoit NY Real Estate Market Report February 2016
About the authors: The above information regarding the “Rochester NY Real Estate Market Report February 2016” was provided by the Keith Hiscock Sold Team. Keith Hiscock & Kyle Hiscock have over 30 years combined experience. If you’re thinking of selling or buying, we’d love to share our knowledge and expertise.
We service the following Greater Rochester NY areas: Irondequoit, Webster, Penfield, Pittsford, Fairport, Brighton, Greece, Gates, Hilton, Brockport, Mendon, Henrietta, Perinton, Churchville, Scottsville, East Rochester, Rush, Honeoye Falls, Chili, and Victor NY.
© 2016, Kyle Hiscock. All rights reserved.